Heidi Montag's Step-Brother Was Killed in a Car Accident

Heidi Montag
Losing a family member is always painful. And for Heidi Montag, the news of her step brother’s death was agonizing. The “Hills” actress’ step brother, Eric O’Hara, was working on the roof of the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel in Steamboat Springs, Colorado when a piece of ice broke loose and caused his fall from the building.

Heidi Montag
Heidi Montag

Heidi Montag
Heidi Montag

Heidi Montag
Heidi Montag


Just one month earlier, O’Hara had returned home from serving three years as a member of the 82nd Airborne Division in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Montag told press, “I just loved him more than anything. He couldn’t wait to meet Spencer. He was very much a brother to me. He called me his sister, not his step-sister. He was always like, ‘I love you! I have to meet Spencer and make sure he’s cool to you!’ Just like a brother.”